Welcome to the World Legal Summit Toronto!
Date: August 1, 2019
This first part of the WLS is designed to bring disparate jurisdictions together in collaboration around building a better understanding of what is happening with technology regulation and governance world-wide. Toronto will bring a unique viewpoint to the discussion, focusing on the legislative and governance structures in the city and more broadly across Canada.
This year the WLS is focusing on three main categories:
Identity and Personal Governance
Cyber Security and Personal Data
Collaborate with us and the global community to further the understanding of legislative and regulatory frameworks. These frameworks are enabling the sustainable development of emerging technologies and your input is important!
- Panel Discussion: Identity & Governance
- Panel Discussion: Autonomous Machines
- Panel Discussion: Cyber Security & Personal Data
- Debate: Penalizing Algorithms Gone Wrong. Should Robots Have Rights?
- WLS Open Planning 2020 (join the global committee in planning next year’s WLS)
Panelists Will Include
- Alexis Gargurevich, TD | LinkedIn
- Amy ter Haar, Osgoode PD, CDL, Globalive Technology | LinkedIn
- Carlos Chalico, EY, IAPP, University of Toronto | LinkedIn
- Daniel Araya, WLS Senior Partner, CIGI | LinkedIn
- Dina Maxwell JD, Axiom | LinkedIn
- Gordon Ackroyd, SecureKey | LinkedIn
- Laila Paszti JD, GTC Law Group | LinkedIn
- Logan Wolfe, Deloitte Omnia | LinkedIn
- Myron Mallia-Dare JD MBA, Torkin Manes LLP | LinkedIn
- Kesem Frank, Co-Founder Aion, CEO Bicameral Ventures | LinkedIn
- Kathleen Killin, Legal Automation Consultant at Thomson Reuters | LinkedIn
- Damien McCotter, Legal Counsel, Canada at Thomson Reuters | LinkedIn
- Usman Sheikh, Partner; National Head of Blockchain/Smart Contracts; National Litigation Lead – Securities, Compliance, Investigations | LinkedIn
- Brent Arnold, Partner and Technology Sub-Group Leader (Comm Lit) at Gowling WLG Canada | LinkedIn
- Addison Cameron-Huff, Blockchain lawyer for selected clients, Ethereum’s first lawyer, and co-founder of Toronto Blockchain Week | LinkedIn
>> Request your invite here (limited spots available) >>
Note: your city host will review your invitation request and will inform you of the status of your invitation within one month before the event or sooner.