Welcome to the World Legal Summit Singapore!
Date: August 1, 2019
Time: 0830 – 1700
Bringing the legal and technology industries together globally, to collaborate in the understanding and research of legislative frameworks needed for the sustainable evolution of technology, and emergent global systems.
Presentations and discussions will focus on the following focus categories for the 2019 WLS:
Identity and Personal Governance
Cyber Security and Personal Data
Technology and Access to Justice (Unique to Singapore location)
0830H – Start of Registration
0855H – Welcome and Opening
0900H – Session 1 – Identity and Personal Governance
1030H – Morning Tea Break
1100H – Session 2 – Cyber Security and Personal Data
1230H – Lunch
1330H – Session 3 – Autonomous Machines
1500H – Afternoon Tea Break
1530H – Session 4 – Technology and Access to Justice
1700H – End of Event
- Professor Simon CHESTERMAN, Dean, Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore
- David ALFRED, Chief Counsel, Personal Data Protection Commission
- Zechariah YAP Jia Qing, Founding Executive Director, Emerging Technologies Policy Forum
- Tony LAI, CodeX Fellow, Stanford Law School
- YUM Shoen Yih, Deputy Director, Cyber Security Programme Centre (CSPC), Cyber Security Agency (CSA)
- Associate Professor Warren B. CHIK, Deputy Director, Centre for AI & Data Governance
- Gino BELLO, Managing Director, FTI Consulting
- Ivan W C NG, Chief Operating Officer, Asia Mobility Industries (AMI)
- Arianne JIMENEZ, Privacy & Public Policy Manager, APAC, Facebook
- Associate Professor Hannah YeeFen LIM, Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University
- Associate Professor CHEN Siyuan, School of Law, Singapore Management University
- Jonathan NG, President, Asia Mobility Industries (AMI)
- Ms Hannah LIM Jue Yi, Head of Rule of Law and Emerging Markets, Southeast Asia, LexisNexis Legal & Professional
- Mr Rajesh SREENIVASAN, Head, Technology, Media & Telecommunications, Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP
- TAN Ken Hwee, Chief Transformation and Innovation Officer (Judiciary), Supreme Court of Singapore
- LIM Tanguy, Chief Executive Officer,, Law Society Pro Bono Services
Watch out for your city’s local projects! These will be projects your host is passionate about and that the local community cares about. It will be an opportunity for you and your community to further progress these projects, in a globally collaborative environment.
Collaborate with us and the global community to further the understanding of legislative and regulatory frameworks. These frameworks are enabling the sustainable development of emerging technologies and your input is important!
>> Request your invite here (limited spots available) >>
Note: your city host will review your invitation request and will inform you of the status of your invitation within one month before the event or sooner.