CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
Welcome to the World Legal Summit Cape Town!
Date: August 1, 2019
Time: 08:30 – 16:00
This first part of the WLS is designed to bring disparate jurisdictions together in collaboration around building a better understanding of what is happening with technology regulation and governance world-wide. Cape Town will bring a unique viewpoint to the discussion, focusing on the legislative and governance structures in the city and more broadly across South Africa.
This year the WLS is focusing on three main categories:
Identity and Personal Governance
Cyber Security and Personal Data
Watch out for your city’s local projects! These will be projects your host is passionate about and that the local community cares about. It will be an opportunity for you and your community to further progress these projects, in a globally collaborative environment.
Collaborate with us and the global community to further the understanding of legislative and regulatory frameworks. These frameworks are enabling the sustainable development of emerging technologies and your input is important!
Panelists Will Include
- Adv. Anthea Platt, Legal Practice Council | LinkedIn
- Mariya Badeva-Bright, Co-founder, AfricanLII | LinkedIn
- Ashlin Perumall, Senior Associate, Baker McKenzie | LinkedIn
- Neil du Toit, Data Scientist, AfricanLII | Profile
- Darryl Bernstein, Partner, Baker McKenzie | LinkedIn
- Adv. Jackie Nagtegaal, Founder, Future Law Faculty | LinkedIn
- Alison Tilley, Co ordinator, Judges Matter | LinkedIn
- Emile Gerber, Co-founder, JusDraft | LinkedIn
- Gabriella Razzano, Founding Director, OpenUp | LinkedIn
- Nandipha Ganya, Sexual Violence Program Manager | LinkedIn
- Adam Oxford, HiiL | LinkedIn
- Themba Mahleka, HiiL | LinkedIn
- Rico Burnett, Director of Client Innovation, Exigent | LinkedIn
- William Chin, Business Development Manager, Click2Sure | Profile
- Damian Michael, Managing Director, Innovo Networks | LinkedIn
View the Capetown Agenda
>> Request your invite here (limited spots available) >>
Note: your city host will review your invitation request and will inform you of the status of your invitation within one month before the event or sooner.
Location: The Moot Room, Kramer Building, University of Cape Town
Street: Rondebosch, Cape Town, 7700
Start time: 08:30
End time: 16:00